Friday 4 November 2011

Day 91 +

So its taken me almost a whole week to reflect on the programme and what I have learnt and how I feel about it. Before I get into that..the photos. I cannot actually believe that I am about to make public my before photo. It is however, a perfect depiction of how i was feeling at the time...gross!


I weighed 65kg's and was tired lazy and in desperate need of some help. Here goes.. 

And now for the after, which were taken after a week off...I am still very impressed with myself, 8 kgs lighter.

So firstly, thank you Patrick. Your program is genius, I know for a fact there is no way I would have been able to do this without your wisdom, encouragment and insight. You are straightfoward and honest, exactly what anyone in the position I was in needed. I will have to admit to cursing you at times (I needed a target for my frustration during planks and pistol squats) but I am so grateful to you and your team and have taken it all back.

When I signed up for PCP, I was terrified. I had tried a number of diets and half hearted execrise programs and failed each time. I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I was going to be overweight for the rest of my life. I so badly wanted to change, but honestly did not believe I had it in me to do it. I was wrong. 

I worked really hard and learnt so much about myself. I knew that one had to eat healthy food and exercise to stay in shape, but it was the other little lessons and the details behind why we were doing what we were doing that helped me. I have been educated, I now have the tools to stay the way I am  now. And if I will never ever again say I don't have the time to exercise. It is biggest lie I had been telling myself for years. What a load of crap- I was just lazy!  

I have taken a week off to get my head around the process and really see how PCP has changed me. I have been eating relatively well, not because its what I think is the right thing to do, but because that it is what I want to eat. I have eaten out a couple of times and am always so disappointed by the miniscule amount of veggies that are served. I love veegies and crave them now. A meal isn't complete without them. I haven't been exercising and  I don't feel good. I can feel my mood generally shifting to a far less positive place. I have realised that I simply do not want to feel down and blue. Exercise and diet have to be prioritised if I want to live a full and happy life. These are also lessons that I am so excited to be able to teach my children and enable them to create good habits from an early age.  

I have to thank the people in my life who have been so patient and supportive. My husband John is my biggest cheerleader and has been so understanding and encouraging.

I recieved my biggest compliment a few weeks ago. After discussing my weight loss and getting into shape, a friend told me that I was an inspiration and she has subsequently started exercising every day and eating well and has already lost a fair amount of weight, if I could do it so can she. How cool!

So having finished the program I have decided to stick to it for another 5 weeks, I love the way I look and feel while doing it. I have loved every bit of the journey.


3 comments:

  1. wow, what a great blog entry to end PCP. it's been an amazing week of discovery, being back in the real world, post PCP. agree whole heartedly with you on the lack of veggies served. also loved what you said about CHOOSING to make exercise and health and priority.

    congrats on excellent results and good luck going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sammy !!!!! U look incredible !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Samantha, we're super proud of you here at PCP headquarters! Look at those abs! Glad you could feel the transformation deep from within, you rocked it! COMPLETE!

    ReplyDelete